Peter Pettibone is an independent arbitrator and mediator and a retired partner in the global law firm, Hogan Lovells, in New York. Prior to retiring from law practice in 2010, Mr. Pettibone practiced as a corporate attorney for more than 40 years. He was the managing partner of the Moscow offices of three international law firms from 1991 to 2010, and resided in Moscow. He is a U.S. national and fluent in Russian
- Mr. Pettibone is a founding member of the Board of Directors of the US-Russia Business Council (USRBC), and was a member of its Executive Committee, chair of its Compensation Committee and its outside general counsel from 1993 to 2009. He is now an Honorary Director of the USRBC.
- Mr. Pettibone was counsel to the US-USSR Trade and Economic Council from 1974 to 1992.
- Mr. Pettibone was co-chair of the Investment Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce in Russia (AmCham) from 2000 to 2010.
- Mr. Pettibone was a member of the Board of Directors of the International Tax and Investment Center (ITIC) from 1993 to 2009.
- Princeton University, AB 1961, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Harvard Law School, JD 1964
- New York University School of Law, LL.M. 1971
- New York (active)
- District of Columbia (inactive)
- Pennsylvania (inactive)
- United States Supreme Court
- Member, Council on Foreign Relations
- Member, International Bar Association (IBA) and the International Council for Commercial Arbitration (ICCA).
- Member, American Bar Association (ABA), Section on Dispute Resolution.
- Member of the steering committees for ten annual conferences on dispute resolution sponsored by the ABA and held in Moscow. 2009-2018.
- Member, New York State Bar Association, Dispute Resolution Section.
- Member, New York City Bar Association and its International Commercial Disputes and Arbitration Committees.
- Member, CPR’s Arbitration Committee.
- Member, International Arbitration Club of New York.
- Member, New York International Arbitration Center (NYIAC).
- Native English speaker
- Fluent in Russian