- Mr. Pettibone is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb).
- He is listed with the USCIB (the US national committee of the ICC), the LCIA, AAA-ICDR, the International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution (CPR), the Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA), the Vienna International Arbitration Court (VIAC), the Dubai Arbitration Center, the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC), the Russian Arbitration Association (RAA) and the International Commercial Arbitration Court attached to the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ICAC).
- He has arbitrated more than 15 international commercial cases in New York (at the ICDR), Stockholm (at the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce) and Moscow (at ICAC and the Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs).
- He has served as tribunal chairman, party-appointed arbitrator, sole arbitrator and emergency arbitrator.
- One-third of his cases have been conducted in Russian.
- Subject matters in his arbitrations have included construction issues (contract interpretation, construction defects, breach of covenants, enforcement of guaranties), share purchase agreements (breaches of representations and warranties), finders’ fee agreements, high speed data transmission services agreements, franchise agreement disputes, oil field equipment agreements, damages and motions for injunctive relief.
- He interfaces well with arbitrators from civil law jurisdictions.
- His approach emphasizes processes that are efficient and cost effective.
- Mr. Pettibone is an accredited mediator by the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR).
He has been trained as a mediator by CEDR, the New York State Bar Association Dispute Resolution Section and CPR.
- He has been appointed a Special Master by the Appellate Division, New York State Supreme Court, First Department and is on the roster of mediators at the Commercial Division of the New York State Supreme Court.